ROSHN - MARAFY Mixed-Use Development
ROSHN, owned by the Public Investment Fund (PIF) is planning to undertake the development of a mixed-use project called "MARAFY" in north of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The iconic project MARAFY, will consist of multiple districts, including ROSHNâs existing integrated residential development, Al Arous. The project features a first-of-its-kind 11-kilometre-long man-made canal at its centre that will be fed by the Rea Sea. Surrounded by multiple districts, the canal will provide the waterfront and marine environment to the heart of Jeddah.
This project is one of the initiatives included in the Saudi Giga Projects plan.
The US$5000 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of residential units accommodating over 130,000 residents
2. Construction of direct canal link to King Abdulaziz International Airport
3. Construction of 11-kilometre-long man-made and 100m wide canal connecting to Obhur Creek
4. Development of intermodal transport system
5. Development of water taxis
6. Construction of bus lines transport system
7. Construction of Metro Red Line station
8. Development of waterfront
9. Development of waterside districts
10. Construction of jetties and bridges
11. Construction of shaded promenades and plazas with al fresco dining
12. Development of entertainment venues
13. Development of parks and landscaping
14. Construction modern workspaces
15. Construction of associate facilities
29 September 2023
Projects Co for Marine Services has been appointed as the main contractor on the MARAFY Mixed-Use Development: Excavation & Shore Protection Works Package for an approximate contract value of US$213m.
14 September 2023
Jacobs and Wimberly Allison Tong & Goo (WATG) are appointed as the consultants for the project. (Source: MEED)
30 August 2023
The project has been officially launched and we are in process of identifying the design consultant.