New Murabba Development Co - The New Murabba
New Murabba Development Company (NMDC), a wholly owned company by PIF, is planning to undertake the development of the New Murabba project, the worldâs largest modern downtown in Riyadh.Â
This will spread over 19 square kilometres areas located at the intersection of King Salman and King Khalid roads to the North West of Riyadh approximately a 20-minute away from the the airport. The new development will have its own internal transport system and will be built around the concept of sustainability to enhance the quality of life for citizens.Â Murabba will have the âMukaabâ, an exceptional iconic landmark at the heart of New Murabba, which will feature the latest innovative technologies and provide the world with a first of its kind experience. The Mukaab will attract visitors from across the world with its incredible state of the art entertainment, dining and retail. Â
This project is one of the initiatives included in the Saudi Giga Projects plan.
The US$50,000 million project includes the following:
1. Construction of a mixed-use development (25 million sqm floor area)
2. Construction of residential area (104,000 units)
3. Construction of hotel towers (9,000 rooms)
4. Construction of retail space (980,000 sqm)
5. Construction of office space (1.4 million sqm)
6. Construction of iconic museum
7. Construction of entertainment and leisure facilities (620,000 sqm)
8. Construction of community facilities (1.8 million)
9. Construction of Technology and design university
10. Construction of multipurpose theater
11 Construction of entertainment and culture venues (80 nos.)
12. Construction of Mukaab (400m high, 400m wide, and 400m long) 2 million sqm of floor space
13. Construction of Opera House
14. Construction of museum
15. Green areas
16. Walking and cycling path
17. Infrastructure works
18. Construction of associated facilities
27 August 2023
Bechtel Corporation has been awarded the project management consultancy (PMC) contract for the masterplan and site-wide infrastructure works on the project.
21 July 2023
Al Ostool Al Aali has been appointed as the main contractor on the Site Clearance Package and Saudi Real Estate Infrastructure Company (Binyah) has been appointed as the main contractor on the Fencing, Hoarding & Finishing Works Package 1 of the The New Murabba Project.
09 May 2023
ACES International has been appointed to provide geotechnical engineering services and has commenced an extensive geotechnical investigation for the groundbreaking works for the project.
23 March 2023
Atkins and Burohappold are the masterplan consultant on the project. (Source: MEED)
06 March 2023
Market sources indicate that Atkins is the masterplan consultant on the project. Â
03 March 2023
The project has been announced.