DoE - Renewable Energy IPP Programme
The Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DoE) is undertaking the Renewable Energy Independent Power Producer Procurement Programme (REIPPPP) Bid Window in South Africa.
The objective of the program is to increase electricity supply while reducing reliance on fossil fuels, stimulate an indigenous renewable energy industry, and contribute to socio-economic development & environmentally sustainable growth.
The US$50,004 million program includes the following:
1. Construction of Window III wind plants
2. Construction of Window IV solar and wind plants
3. Construction of Window V solar and wind plants
4. Construction of Window VI solar and wind plants
5. Installation of transformers
6. Laying of transmission lines
7. Construction of associated facilities
25 July 2023
The Department of Mineral Resources and Energy (DoE) has launched Window VII which is expected to be tendered by September 2023 and Window VIII which is expected to be launched in March 2024.
30 March 2023
Window IV: Wind 1393MW, Solar PV 922 MW : The project is complete.
22 September 2022
The bid submission for Window VI has been extended to October 03, 2022, and Window V will achieve financial closure by the end of September 2022.
12 April 2022
The Department of Mineral Resources and Energy invited a request for proposal (RFP) for the Window VI programme and the submission of the bids is due on August 11, 2022.