ADNOC - Maximizing Ethane Recovery And Monetization (MERAM)
Adnoc Gas Processing has multiple projects aimed at maximizing the recovery of ethane and other valuable products at its processing facilities. The MERAM project focuses on increasing ethane and liquids recovery to achieve a more optimal product mix, with expected yields of 2.2 million metric tons per annum of ethane and 1.2 million metric tons per annum of liquids. Additionally, the project aims to enable downstream sector growth by supplying additional ethane to Borouge 4, a polyethylene project expected to become operational in late 2025. To accomplish this, the project will source feedstock from the residue gas of BuHasa and Habshan facilities and construct 160 kilometers of pipelines with tie-ins and brownfield works at Habshan and Ruwais.
The project objective is to recover Ethane from the residue gas from several existing ADNOC Gas Processing plants through a new centralized ERE to be located in Habshan 5 plot. This is a Major project of ADNOC Gas Processing with following high level Electrical scope.
The US$4500 million project involves the following:
1. Installation of an ethane recovery unit (2.2 mtpa and 1.2mtpa NGLs)
2. Installation of De-ethaniser
3. Tie-ins and brownfield works at Habshan & Ruwais
4. Laying of pipeline (160km)
5. Replacement of existing 80/100MVA Grid Transformer with 300 MVA and associated modification in 220kV Main receiving Substation & 132kV Switchgear. TRANSCO interface 220kV power supply
6. Design Engineering of 5 nos. new Substations including one new 132kV Substation
7. Construction of three of the substations with 132/34.5kV Transformers
8. Construction of new Gas turbine Generator unit with HRSG and a new Steam Turbine Generator
9. Power system study and engineering for all Substation and field equipment
10. Construction of 16 nos. Gas Compressors with Maximum capacity of 28MW. 13 nos Compressors are MV VSD driven
11. Modification in existing 132kV Substation and other 4 nos. existing substations at Habshan5
12. Power System study for within Habshan -5 plan and also Transco Grid
29 August 2023
The construction works have commenced. (Source: MEED)
09 August 2023
National Petroleum Company Co (NPCC) and Tecnicas Reunidas JV has been awarded as main contractor with contract value worth US$3.6bn.
23 June 2023
The commercial bids are submitted on June 21, 2023. (Source: MEED)
02 June 2023
The commercial bids submission is due on June 14, 2023. (Source: MEED)
30 May 2023
The commercial bid submission is unknown at this juncture. (Source: MEED)
20 March 2023
The technical bids are submitted and the commercial bid submission is unknown at this juncture. (Source: MEED)
07 March 2023
The technical bids submission deadline has been further extended to March 16, 2023. The following companies are participating in this project: National Petroleum Construction Company (UAE) in consortium with Tecnicas Reunidas, Petrofac (UK) and Sinopec Engineering (China). (Source: MEED)
02 February 2023
The FEED has been completed and the tender for the EPC work has been issued however, the commercial bid submission date is unknown at this juncture. Hyundai Engineering & Construction has declined to participate in the bidding process.
01 November 2022
Market sources indicate that there is no news on the PQ shortlisted companies nor the ITB issue date.
22 September 2022
The EOI documents have been submitted on the project. We are in the process of identifying the companies. (Source: MEED)
12 September 2022
The following companies amongst others have received the EOI documents: 1. Chiyoda Corporation, 2. Hyundai Engineering & Construction, 3. Petrofac, 4. National Petroleum Construction Company, 5. Saipem, 6. Samsung Engineering, 7. Technip Energies and 8. TÃ©cnicas Reunidas. The submission date for the EOI documents is on September 13, 2022. (Source: MEED)
06 September 2022
The FEED works are still ongoing and the timeframe for the completion is currently unknown.
13 April 2022
The FEED is ongoing and is expected to be complete by September 2022.
07 October 2021
Worley has been awarded a front-end engineering and design contract with an approximate value of US$5 million in August 2021. Currently, the Feed works are underway. (Source: MEED)