RCRC - Green Riyadh
Royal Commission for Riyadh City (RCRC) is planning to undertake the construction of the 'Green Riyadh' project in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The project contributes to enhance the variety of green spaces in the Saudi capital, planting 7.5 million trees distributed over 541 kmÂ² of green areas along the roads, in gardens, parks (urban and natural), around mosques, schools, and universities, public buildings, healthcare institutes, car parks, etc.
The US$23,000 million project includes the following:
1. Afforestation in 6000 schools
2. Afforestation in 2000 car parking sites
3. Afforestation in 1670 government facility
4. Afforestation in 390 healthcare facility
5. Afforestation in 3330 neighborhood garden
6. Afforestation in 43 parks
7. Afforestation in 1,100 km of green belts
8. Afforestation in 272 km of valleys
9. Afforestation in 9000 mosques
10. Afforestation in 16400 km roads
11. Water treatment and recycling program
11. Construction of associated facilities
12 September 2021
Infrastructure package : There is no news regarding the main contract award.
26 July 2021
There is no news regarding the main contract award yet on Infrastructure package.
11 May 2021
The main contract bids have been submitted on May 6, 2021 and are currently under evaluation for the Infrastructure Package. (Source: MEED)
15 April 2021
The main contract tender for the Infrastructure Package has been issued with the bid submission due on April 25, 2021. (Source: MEED)
06 October 2020
Design works are progressing and planting tree's across the main roads is currently ongoing.
18 August 2020
The preliminary phase of planting tress across the main roads including King Fahd Road, Makkah Al Mukarramah Road, North Ring Road, Eastern Ring Road beside King Salman Road and King Khaled Road is ongoing.
02 July 2020
Egis has been appointed as the PMC for the project.